Microsoft office plays an integral part in routine, and some errors occur while using it. One of them is the error code is 0-22. Follow these guidelines to repair the Microsoft Office error code 0-22. You can access office.com/myaccount for verifying if your office setup is activated.
Disable firewall and antivirus temporarily
- Click start and open control panel.
- go to system and security and then navigate to Windows Firewall
- Then click on turn windows firewall on or off.
- Further, Select Turn Off firewall related to the private and public network.
- Next, you can update Microsoft Office and verify whether the Error code 0-22 is solved.
Follow the guidelines to disable Antivirus
- Open the Antivirus application installed on your computer.
- Further you can click on settings and access the real-time protection to turn it off
- Go to Antivirus firewall and switch it off.
- You can click on ok or yes tab for confirmation if asked.
- Now see after updating Office if the Error code 0-22 got resolved.
Perform the SFC Scan for fixing the Error code 0-22
Error code 0-22 occurs when system files get corrupted. It could be resolved quickly via the SFC scan. System file checking scan is the process of repairing the corrupted version of system files via the cached copy from the directory.
Follow the guidelines to initiate SFC scan:
- Proceed with opening the command prompt in administrative credentials.
- Further Type “sfc /scannow “and then click enter. The scan will start automatically.
- Keep the command prompt open until the scan gets finished.
Update the Microsoft Office and verify if the Error code 0-22 got resolved.
Do the Registry repair to resolve Error code 0-22
Error code 0-22 also occurs due to registry corruption. A key-value corruption can cause malfunctioning of the Office program. For fixing the error code 0-22, you need to repair the registry keys and rebuild the string values.
Follow the guidelines to repair registry:
- Proceed with Opening the registry editor
- You can delete the preinstalled or old registry key which tries to block the installation of the updates.
- Go to below keys and delete them.
- Now, change the DWORD values in the keys from 0 to 1 in the common registry folder of Office.
- After this, you can check if the error gets resolved or not.
Get in touch with us
You can contact our customer support. Our team of trained specialists will pick your call and assist you with step by step instructions to resolve the error code 0-22.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup .