Disable the Firewall and Antivirus
The Error code 17002 can occur at the time of installing or updating MS Office and due to Network or firewall restrictions. Firewall can sometimes automatically block network/ block the installation of program due to security measurements. If you are unable to fix these errors by yourself then you can try reinstallation of office 365 setup after uninstalling it.
Follow the below steps to fix the error code 17002
Repair the Microsoft Office
This error can be fixed when Office repair tool replaces the corrupt system files. You can follow the methods below to launch repair tool for fixing this error.
- Click on start and open control panel.
- Now Click on Programs and choose Programs and Features.
- Select the Office product that needs to be repaired and click on change.
- Click on Quick Repair and click again on the tab that says Repair. You can also select Online Repair if the former didn’t fix the issue.
Steps for removing Office
- Open the control panel via start button.
- Click on the Programs menu and choose Programs and Features.
- Now select the Office Suite and click on the Remove tab.
If the error still persists then you can do the manual uninstallation
Methods for removing Office manually
· Remove the Windows Installer packages
· Locate the folder of Office installation, in the program files in C directory.
· Right-click on the Microsoft Office folder and choose Delete.
Remove the scheduled tasks
- Open the Command Prompt window using the admin account
- Type the commands and tap Enter
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Automatic Updates”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Subscription Maintenance”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office ClickToRun Service Monitor”
Finish the Click-to-Run tasks
- Open the Task Manager.
- Click on the Process tab.
- If the processes are running, right-click on them, and click End task after you have selected each process.
Delete the MS Office files
- Press the Microsoft windows key + R to open the Run box.
- Type in %ProgramFiles%, and click on OK.
- Further, Delete the Microsoft Office folder.
- Delete the sub keys in Office registry.
- Open the Registry Editor. And Delete the registry sub keys
- Now delete the office key
Delete the Start menu shortcuts
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator
- Now Type %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, and press the Enter key.
- Further, Delete the Microsoft Office Tools folder.
Download and install Office
Sign in to the account page of Microsoft login and click on office 365 setup and select install. Then click the run tab and finish the installation.
Get in touch with us
If you are facing issues related to Microsoft office errors then you can contact our customer support. Our team of customer executives can help you with step by step easy instructions to help you in troubleshooting the errors.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. She writes for MS-Office products at office.com/setup .