Microsoft office provides a reliable set of tools that are used often in corporate offices and homes. But some errors occur while using it. You might encounter theOffice error code 1058-13 if your antivirus program, firewall, or proxy settings prevent you from installing the Office software. You can continue to read for troubleshooting this error or contact Microsoft office support to get further help. To resolve the error, you can temporarily turn off the antivirus program, firewall, or proxy settings, and then install Office, and further turn the settings back on.
Some Causes of the Office install error
- Your security program or your firewall might be blocking the Office installation.
- Proxy settings are turned on onto your computer.
- You have a pre-existing version of an Office Suite.
- Incomplete, partial or failed installation of the Office Suite.
Solutions for fixing the error code 1058-13
Repair the Office app
Error code 1058-13 can get fixed when the Office repair tool substitutes all the corrupted system files. Follow with the steps below to run the repair tool.
- Open Control Panel via Start.
- Click on Programs and choose Programs and Features.
- Click on the Office product that you need to fix.
- Click on Change.
- Choose Quick Repair and click on Repair.
- Open a Command Prompt window with admin credentials.
- At the command prompt, type in
the following commands and then press Enter after each.
- schtasks.exe /delete /tn\Microsoft\Office\Office Automatic Updates
- schtasks.exe /delete /tn\Microsoft\Office\Office Subscription Maintenance
- schtasks.exe /delete /tn\Microsoft\Office\Office Click for running Service Screen
- Use Task Manager to terminate the Click-to-Run tasks
- Open the Task Manager. Click on the Process tab.
- If the following processes are
running, then right-click each one, and further click End task after
you choose each process.
You can also follow these steps to solve the error code 1058-13
- First of all, press the key Win + R and Run a window will be open. Then Enter cmd there and command prompt will get opened on your computer display. Ensure that you open the command prompt with admin privileges.
- Now enter the following command in the command prompt window: scconfig clicktorunsvc start=auto
- If you have entered the code appropriately, then you will see ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESSmessage
- Further, you have to enter another command which we have mentioned below: sc start clicktorunsvc
- The previous command will enable the Microsoft Click to run the service on your computer.
Get in touch with us
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount .