Microsoft is a reputed name in the technology world. It has a massive base of customers and enjoys a significant reputation among its users. The Microsoft Office program is a versatile package that facilitates utility to the users and helps them to achieve the computing tasks with great amount of ease. However, there are issues related to the office program that frequently occur among the users. These technical issues can be solved by following the correct guidelines. One such error related to office.com/setup is the office error code 30068-4. Follow the instructions mentioned below to troubleshoot this error.
System file checker scan
- You will require running an SFC scan for resolving this error. For this purpose, open the command prompt and input sfc/scannow.
- You need to remember that this requires the privileges of an administrator.You need the admin credentials for running this utility.
Disabling the antivirus firewall temporarily
- This error often occurs due to issues related the antivirus firewall settings. You can switch off the firewall of your antivirus temporarily to resolve this error.
- Begin by opening the user interface of the antivirus program installed on your computer. Double click on the antivirus shortcut icon and navigate to the section of settings.
- From the settings menu, you can click on the option of turn on or off the firewall settings. Choose the option of turn off and see if the error has been resolved or not.
Disabling the Windows firewall
- Begin with clicking on the start tab and then navigating to the control panel. Get to the section of the firewall and click on the option of windows firewall.
- Now, tap on the option of turn on or off option for windows firewall. You might get prompted for the password. You need to have credentials of an administrator, or you must be logged in as an admin to perform this step.
- After this, click the option of turn off the windows firewall, note that you have to do this action temporarily and see if the error code 20068-4 has been resolved or not.
This is one of the most common errors that occur in www.office.com/setup, but can be solved easily by following the correct guidelines in a sequential manner.
John Short is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount .