Run time errors are a common aggravation for Windows users. These errors are specific to numerous Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Excel. The error that MS Excel individuals usually encounter is the Runtime Error 1004. This is a catch-all error code which endeavours to define errors that are essentially indefinable. Because of this, this type of error could actually point to a wide variety of issues or errors. The two common reasons for encountering Runtime Error 1004 and offer some tips to help resolve the issues or errors
Symptoms of Runtime Error 1004
All runtime issues or errors frequently give the individual particular symptoms indicating that there’s an issue or error. This error usually persists when starting to open an MS Excel file or trying to access the Excel Desktop icon. You now see a Runtime Error 1004 message “Method in Key up Object Program APPLICATION Failed.” Some other details will inform you that the software is unable to load your resource library, signifying that you must exit the application, installing the resource library again and restarting the software or program.
You can actually resolve your Microsoft Excel issues and error 1004 within the Windows system. To do it, follow the steps given below:
- Point your mouse to the Windows Start button and have a right-click on it.
- In the menu tab, Select the option of Explorer
- Once you get to Microsoft Explorer, open the directory of C:\Program Files\MSOffice\Office\XLSTART
- Once you open the directory, eliminate the File named GWXL97.XLA
- Close the Internet Explorer
- Open MS Excel
- After you open MS Excel, the software or program must start and enable you to work without the errors
Related Runtime Errors in Worksheets
You can also experience Runtime Error 1004 when doing some work with instructions. We know that in MS Excel, we could run macros that copies or duplicate worksheets and put them in the workbook from which they were originally located. Doing so can result in an Error 1004. A message will pop up that reads: application-defined or method of copying the worksheet failed. This usually persists when you give your workbook a copy and name, many times without storing and closing the workbook. To solve this error or issue, save first before you close your workbook periodically during the process of copying. Remember that the number of times a particular worksheet can be copied or duplicated before saving all will depend on its size.
Working Around Runtime Error 1004
To resolve runtime errors, you may insert a new worksheet file into a template rather than copying or duplicating an existing worksheet. Follow the steps given below to resolve Runtime Error 1004 for Microsoft Excel 2007:
- Create a new workbook and remove any other worksheets.
- Setup your workbook and put any texts or charts that need to be placed into the template.
- Put a name for the file, making sure to choose the template format (xltx).
- Place the template making use of this code: SheetsAddTyp:=path\filename
- Enter note, the \filename path will contain the file name and full path for the template you’re working on.
If any issue persists by following the above steps, feel free to contact us at anytime anywhere. We are having experts who are highly skilled and are available 24*7 for the help of the experts.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup .