Microsoft office 365 setup is one of the best software packages that allow users to create reports and presentations. There are some instances where the uses encounter errors such as the code 0x8004FC12. The www.office.com/setup software package is the top choice among the users, and the error code 0x8004FC12 can be fixed easily by following the directions given below.
Updating the windows
- If your windows haven’t been updated in a long time, then it can become vulnerable to threats, and this can lead to errors related to the program. If you are dealing with the error code 0x8004FC12, then you will require updating the windows.
- You can download the necessary updates from the official website and install them in your system. Once done, you can check if the error code 0x8004FC12 has been resolved or not.
Adding a net local group
- In case you are facing issues related to updating the windows, then you can make use of the listed procedure below, and check if this workaround helps in resolving the error code 0x8004FC12. However, you need to take note that this procedure will only work if you have access to the local admin group.
- You can start by opening the command prompt; you can right-click on the option of command prompt that appears in the search results, further choosing the option named run as the administrator.
- Now you will require copying the commands and then pasting them into the command prompt with the help of a right-click via mouse. You can choose the option named paste or use the shortcut using the ctrl key and pressing the V key. You will require copying the command one at a time; when done, you can hit the enter key in the window of command prompt.
- These are the command you can paste.
- Net local group Administrators local service / add
- Netsh in tip reset resetlog.txt
- F Sutil resource set auto-reset true C:\
- After entering the command given here, you can reboot the system for them to take effect. You can try reactivating the Microsoft office application software.
The error code 0x8004FC12 associate with office.com/setup package can be fixed by implementing these guidelines given here.
John Short is a self-professed security expert; He has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount.