Microsoft office is a familiar software package that is used in many corporate companies and private businesses. It helps to complete several computing activities with ease. But there are a few instances where errors occur while using the program. One of the examples of errors that occur in www.office.com/setup is the office error code 1406. Read below the mentioned guidelines to quickly troubleshoot this error.
Temporarily restricting the firewall
- Start with navigating to the control panel, and then go to the dialog box of system and security and further click on the option of windows firewall.
- From here you can click on the option that says toggle window firewall off or on. Further, you can choose to switch off the firewall for the public and the private network.
- After this step, you can try upgrading the office program and see if the error persists or has it been resolved.
Restrict the antivirus momentarily
- Open the app of antivirus on your system, and then click on the option of settings and then go to the page of real-time protection. Once you have navigated there, you will require switching off the real-time feature of protection momentarily.
- After this step, go to the option of antivirus firewall, and then click on the option that says switch off the antivirus firewall.
- You can now click on the Yes tab if prompted for a confirmation to proceed further. After this step simply, verify is the office program is working without this error or not.
Perform an SFC scan
- Start with opening the command prompt using the privileges of an administrator. Now, input the command of sfc/scannow and then press o the enter key after you have entered the command.
- The scan will start automatically, and you will need to keep the window of command prompt until the scanning procedure gets completed. After this step, you can try operating the office program and check if the error has disappeared or has been fixed.
The error code 1406 associated with office.com/setup can be easily resolved by implementing the right steps mentioned above.
John Short is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount .